The Texture Box contains several inputs which give you control
over how your texture map will be applied.
Here is a description of the input buttons for this box:
- MAP is the path to the texture map file,
usually created with txmake.
- S is the "horizontal" or x coordinate for the texture map lookup.
- T is the "vertical" or y coordinate for the texture map lookup.
- CHN selects the which channel from the map to be used to
generate the texture:
- 0 is red only
- 1 is green only
- 2 is blue only
- 3 is the opacity only
- 4 is red,green,blue.
- WS is the number of horizontal filter samples.
This may be used to enhance the horizontal filtering.
- WT is the number of vertical filter samples.
This may be used to enhance the vertical filtering.
- FLT selects which filter to use when sampling the
Possible filters are box and gaussian.
- INT is a flag which enables or disables interpolate between
adjacent resolutions of a multi-resolution texture When enabled, this
smooths the transition between resolutions.
- TEX is the color returned from the texture map.
- TXOP is the value of the opacity channel in the
if it had one, returned as either a color
or a floating point number.
For more details on texture mapping refer to pages 320-321
in the RenderMan Companion.